Brock’s SQ Series Superb Dryer
Offering Versatile, Fuel Efficient On-Farm Drying
When the cost of fuel is high, the SUPERB ENERGY MISER® SQ Series line of grain dryers makes even better dollars and sense as an investment for:
- Cutting-edge drying technology
- Versatility for drying management
- Total dryer management with the proven QUANTUM® Controller
Available in drying capacities ranging from 260 to 1,830 bushels (7 to 46 metric tons) per hour, the SQ Series line of dryers also offer a choice of continuous flow drying modes:
- Full Heat
- Pressure Heat/Pressure Cool
- Pressure Heat/Vacuum Cool
Contact your local Brock dealer or Brock to find out more about how you can save money by owning a SUPERB ENERGY MISER SQ Series Grain Drying System!
- Super quiet drying. The SQ Series Dryers use a super quiet double-width, double-inlet centrifugal blower as standard equipment. This blower provides maximum airflow and efficiency while minimizing sound levels.
- Perforated wet garner bin. The drying process starts in the perforated wet garner bin. Heated air is routed from the dryer through this temporary grain holding area to pre-heat and begin drying the wet grain.
- Variable width grain column. A narrower upper grain column allows moisture-saturated drying air to escape. This variable width design dries more effectively than a larger holding capacity with a wider grain column.
- Stainless steel outer skins. Stainless steel outer 18-gauge perforated skins are standard on all SUPERB ENERGY MISER® SQ Series Dryers for a lifetime of satisfaction. With proper care and maintenance, stainless steel perforated skins offer long life and high asset retention value.
- MOISTURE EQUALIZER® System. Patented Brock MOISTURE EQUALIZER® System maintains grain quality by moving the hottest and driest grain through the dryer faster for greater drying uniformity and less over-drying.
- Efficient full flame-wall burner. Brock’s full flame-wall burner with stainless steel baffles provides a generous square footage of flame surface and distributes heat evenly to all the grain columns. Using a shorter flame, this fuel-efficient Brock burner burns cleanly and provides uniform plenum temperatures to help maintain top grain quality.
- Unobstructed heat movement. The SQ Series Dryer’s unique built-in vaporizer is located out of the burner’s airflow to ensure uniform heat distribution.
- Vertical access plenum door. A 42- x 22-inch (107- x 56-cm) vertical access door is provided for easy access to the dryer’s plenum areas. A door safety switch is standard on all SUPERB ENERGY MISER® low-profile dryers. If the door is opened during operation, the dryer will shut down.
- Cool Air Control. Adjustable cooling louvers help control grain temperature by regulating the amount of cool air used for vacuum-cooling mode.
- Easy Access for Service. Access entrances at both the top and bottom of the dryer make it easy to service industrial-grade plumbing, burner, fan, motor, bearings, belts, linear limits, and the front of the unloading system.
- Gentle unloading system. Brock’s unique EVENFLO® Grain Unloading System provides efficient, gentle handling of the grain using a slow-moving drag-style conveyor.
- Advanced electronic controls. Choose either Brock’s QUANTUM® or SPECTRUM® Dryer Controllers. Both are excellent easy-to-use controls for helping you to automate the grain drying process.
Unique EVENFLO® System Is Part of the Brock Difference
Brock’s innovative EVENFLO® Dryer Unloading System is standard on the SUPERB ENERGY MISER® SQ Series Dryers. This unique unloading system offers users the advantages of:
- Gentle handling of the grain using an efficient, slow-moving drag-style conveyor.
- Patented conveyor unloading system that replaces auger and metering rolls.
- Even unloading of grain columns with improved ability to pass most debris.
- More durable and safer to operate than auger systems.
Other features include:
- Easy cleaning. The top of the conveyor assembly can be taken out of the dryer for safer, easier cleaning between crops or at the end of the drying season.
- No meter rolls. No meter rolls to clean.
- Economical motor. Low horsepower, variable-speed AC motor is used to economically power the EVENFLO System.
• Easy service. Take-up adjustments are located at both ends of the conveyer. This feature helps you to easily adjust the chain if needed.
How Does the Brock EVENFLO® Dryer Unloading System Work?
The EVENFLO System’s uniform unloading of grain dryer columns provides consistent drying results. Slow, straight-line movement of grain is also ideal for sensor accuracy in monitoring exit moisture content.
- The top portion of the chain conveyor passes by the column of dried grain, continuously removing grain from the column.
- Grain is then carried to square holes allowing the grain to fall through to the bottom trough.
- Paddles on the conveyor move the dried grain to the dryer discharge.
QUANTUM DRYER CONTROLLER- Do More Than Simply Monitor Your Dryer!
Brock’s popular QUANTUM® Dryer Controller provides you with total dryer management for accuracy in controlling grain moisture during the drying process. This is a sampling of the electronic controller’s field-proven 32-bit real time operating system features:
- Moving Moisture Target Feature enables the QUANTUM Controller to provide full heat drying control. This unique feature anticipates the final moisture of the grain reaching the bin and manages that grain’s moisture content as it passes through the dryer.
- Quality Control is maintained with the QUANTUM Controller’s ability to regulate the discharge speed of the grain to match the capacity of the unloading system. To help prevent over-drying grain, the controller automatically reduces the plenum heat if the unloading rate limit is reached.
- User-Friendly QUANTUM Controller uses simple, menu-driven, full color screens to display current grain and dryer conditions. The unit also displays a graph of incoming and out-going moistures and has a handy scroll-back feature. User-friendly monitor that is simple and menu-driven.
- Full-Color Monitor Screen offers current and historical information.
- Remote location option. The controller for the QUANTUM System can be located up to 1,000 feet from the dryer.
- Works With Any Current Brock Dryer: BROCK® Commercial Tower Dryer, MEYER ENERGY MISER® Tower Dryer and SUPERB ENERGY MISER® Low-Profile Dryer (including SQ Series Dryers).
SPECTURM DRYER CONTROLLER- Automate Your Grain Drying Abilities
Brock’s SPECTRUM® Dryer Controller is a temperature-based controller designed to assist users in automating grain drying operations. It consists of a standard dryer controller mounted in the control panel for Brock’s SUPERB ENERGY MISER® Grain Dryers.
Simple to operate, the SPECTRUM Controller offers users the ability to operate the dryer in one of four modes of operation:
- Continuous flow
- Continuous flow with temperature-based automatic moisture control
- Batch operation
- Batch operation with temperature-based automatic moisture control
The SPECTRUM Controller System is also easily upgradeable to convert it to the more full-featured Brock QUANTUM® Dryer Controller System.